Give a bug a hug

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 8 11:29:46 EDT 2019

Terry Judd wrote:

 > On 8/10/19, 4:34 pm, J. Landman Gay wrote:
 >
 >> I think the politicking was a big factor in killing the voting
 >> system. I remember many times when people would post to the list,
 >> urging others to cast a vote for an issue so it would rise to
 >> the top. Those voters may never have seen the bug but it sounded
 >> important and they had a vote or two to spare.
 >
 > I feel like there are plenty of ways that a point system that avoids
 > some of these issues with the previous one could be implemented -
 > fewer total votes per person, single votes per bug only...

Already in place - from my post:

    There remains at least one element which could loosely be seen as
    a sort of voting: a bug's CC list.

    Usually an address will wind up there after that person has
    experienced the bug, searched the DB for it, and found that it had
    been reported.  When that happens organically, the number of people
    subscribing to a bug can be a useful addition that, with the other
    details of the report, help the team evaluate priority.

     And being a single value per user, it's a single signal rather than
     a conflation of two different signals as the old form with multiple
     votes did, so it's more immediately clear what it's signifying.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems