...and a challenge

Colin Holgate colinholgate at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 23:34:18 EDT 2019

Pi is a reserved work, so I used pie. I haven’t seen this way of producing Pi before, and in both JavaScript and LivceCode it seems to be instantaneous. I think it’s a rewording of 4*(1-1/3+1/5-1/7+1/9…)

Anyway, see for yourself

on mouseup

put the ticks into t

put 1.0 into i

put 3.0 * 10^200 into x

put x into pie

repeat while (x > 0)

put x * i / ((i + 1.0) * 4.0) into x

add x / (i + 2.0) to pie

add 2.0 to i

end repeat

set numberformat to "x.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

answer the ticks - t

answer (pie / (10.0 ^ 200))

end mouseup

BTW, I haven’t seen JavaScript using ‘let’ before, or having ’n’ to indicate a floating point number. That could be a dot net thing.