publish and surprise

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Oct 2 11:44:25 EDT 2019

On 10/2/19 6:59 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
> I would love to see a publish and subscribe system in the engine for use
> in Standalone.

I made a PubSub dispatcher library some years ago. If the livecodeshare
or whatever it's called now website is back in operation it should be
there. But not having to use Yet Another Library within the IDE is
awesome. In the past this has only been useful to a proscribed set of
messages and stacks which has been limiting. My PowerTools plugin, for
instance, has some unused controls that are necessary because other
places in the IDE send mouseUp messages to controls that are expected to
exist in particular places. Decoupling those messages through publishing
and subscribing removes the dependency and the need for in-depth
knowledge of the internal workings of other stacks. And leads the way
for the IDE to be a framework for a collection of independent stacks.

Ah... found it.
http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/714/Publish-and-Subscribe

That took some doing. Any idea why livecodeshare is at runrev.com
instead of livecode.com/org whatever? I would have thought there would
at least be a redirect, but livecodeshare.livecode.com just throws a 404.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com