[ANN] Release 9.6.0 DP-1
panos.merakos at livecode.com
Tue Nov 26 04:58:23 EST 2019
Dear list members,
We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.6.0 DP-1.
Developer Preview Release
Warning: this is not a stable release. Please ensure that you back up your
stacks before testing them.
Getting the Release
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.
LiveCode 9.6.0 DP-1 comes with more than 20 bugfixes.
In addition, LiveCode 9.6.0 DP-1 includes several amazing new features:
- The mobile player control has been updated to use the AVKit framework on
iOS. This fixes a lot of existing bugs, including some new issues on iOS
- The mobile browser control has been updated to use the WebKit framework
on iOS. This provides better performance on iOS devices.
- The "open printing to pdf ..." command can now be used to direct printing
to a PDF output file on Android devices.
- Support for building with Xcode 11.1 and the iOS 13.1 SDK has been added.
- New tsNet build with support for iOS 13+ is included.
- New CEF build is included, which addresses rendering issues with the
browser widget in some 32bit Windows devices.
- This build (for Mac) is not notarized yet, so if your Mac is running
MacOS Catalina (10.15.x) you will get a warning dialog saying that the app
cannot be opened. In this case, you have to whitelist LiveCode in the
System Settings -> Security and Privacy, and then right-click on LiveCode
and choose "Open" from the contextual menu. Just double-clicking to open it
will not work. Note that you'll only need to do this once, the very first
time you open LiveCode 9.6 DP-1. For more details and instructions see here:
- The Browser widget's native layer is not shown in some Linux distros with
Cinnamon window manager.
- The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit LTS
The full release notes are available from:
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
The LiveCode Team
More information about the use-livecode