Y coordinate for a line of text

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 13 15:02:28 EST 2019

On 11/13/19 10:11 AM, dunbarx--- via use-livecode wrote:
> The selectedLoc will give the loc in window coordinates, not the "local" Y coordinate within the field of interest, which is what I thought you wanted. I cannot imagine what value that would have, since it depends on where the stack window is currently placed.
> Craig

SelectedLoc uses local (card) coordinates, not screen coordinates. It
does not give coordinates relative to the field itself though, as you
said. It doesn't matter where the stack is placed on screen since the
coordinates are based on the topleft of the card.

I've used it for aligning other controls, like a semi-transparent field
to simulate "dragging" a line of text.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com