Indy 9.5.0. Apple can't search for malware in LC Indy?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Nov 5 08:15:50 EST 2019

One annoyance from Catalina and Notarization for me as a developer:

LiveCode 9.x.x supports macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) through 10.15 (Catalina).
For our app built on LC9.x.x, we support those versions of macOS as
well. However, a Notarized DMG (one way of addressing Apple's
Notarization requirement) will only open on Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave,
or Catalina (10.12-10.15). For 10.9, 10.10, and 10.11 a Notarized DMG
presents an error and will not open.

So now we have to guide out macOS customers to self-select one of two
downloadable DMGs - one for earlier versions of macOS and a different
one for later versions. In our case, we just do a regular signed app and
signed DMG for 10.9 through 10.14 (Mojave) and a notarized DMG (with a
signed app) for 10.15 Catalina

An, yes, no matter how "clear" we think our guidance is, we have people
download the wrong DMG.