Learning from scratch - any recommendations?

Jjs jjs at krutt.org
Sat Nov 2 03:23:27 EDT 2019

At least you tried ;) German and Dutch come have much similarities. In a previous job i had to drive to many German customers from Hamburg to Stuttgart (among was Porsche ausbildung-school) and lived for 5 years in Germany too. Near the border there are lots who understand dutch.

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> schreef op 1 november 2019 23:31:26 CET:
>we were very often in the Netherlands for vacation, so i seriously
>tried to learn Dutch.
>But it ended that the Dutch better understood me when i spoke German or
>English instead of Dutch. ;)
>
>Matthias Rebbe
>
>free tools for Livecoders:
>InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>
>WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>
>
>> Am 01.11.2019 um 19:28 schrieb JJS via use-livecode
><use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>>:
>>
>> quote : I hate to learn another language. That is why I live in the
>United States. /quote
>>
>> If we the Dutch go to Germany we talk German, if we go to France many
>of us not all talk French, if we go to other countries we talk mainly
>English.
>>
>> If Germans or French come to our country we talk their language or
>english
>>
>> Try to learn Dutch, if we had'nt sold New York to the Brittish you'd
>all talk Dutch
>>
>> And partly thank God it happened or we'd all would listen to Dutch
>music today and most of it i can't stand :)
>>
>> there was another point i wanted to make, but during typing i forgot.
>>

>> Back on topic, Java or Kotlin is something i would want to try, but
>it's more difficult, although everyone says their language is so easy.
>Livecode is best to step in.
>>

>> Op 1-11-2019 om 18:52 schreef dunbarx--- via use-livecode:
>>> I am with Richmond, mainly.
>>> I hate to learn another language. That is why I live in the United
>States.
>>> LC, if you introduce only a  handful or three of native words,
>controls and concepts, is accessible to anyone with a real desire to
>learn this sort of thing. Even a first grader; they just need more
>mentoring. Even someone who did not know they would like to build stuff
>in software.
>>> The trick is the engagement, to make it seem cool and fun.
>>> Craig

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Android apparaat met K-9 Mail.