"empty" background in printed pdf is actually grey

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 13:32:51 EDT 2019

On Nov 1, 2019, at 10:03 AM, Richard rumbled

> I'm certain that I don't understand the layout, because from the description it sounds like you have an object which is not visible and therefore cannot be printed but which is causing a problem when printed.
>
> I'm sure you've considered simply hiding the thing you don't want shown during printing, so clearly there's something else in play here.
>
> What does the object contribute to printing?

What I need to do is place livecode output over an existing pdf.

I had been making as close as possible duplicates of the forms (still ideal, but runs into issues with trustees), which worked smoothly.

I can’t use pdf widgets, as the rasterization to 72dpi (or less, it appears) makes text to fuzzy to read.

This leaves me with using the court’s and trustees’ pdfs, and putting output on them (and simply using the pdf “standard” to fill fields isn’t an option, as some are just plain wrong, and other’s are only accessible with the most up to date version of acrobat).

So my current approach is to display on screen using a widget behind the data I place, and then an external program, such as PyPDF2, to merge the original pdfs and my livecode output.

While on screen, my generated objects act correctly, being just black text with transparent background.   When merging, though, the livecode pdf has grey instead of clear for the entire object generated with print to pdf.