Learning from scratch - any recommendations?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 12:58:38 EDT 2019

I have a radical disagreement with Scratch and its ilk as, while it does
allow one to run up simple computer games, it does not let users see the
"guts" of a program, and seems not to give children transferrable skill for
non-block programming languages. I have successfully started kids from 9
years old and upward on programming with both BBC BASIC and Livecode.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019, 6:00 PM kee nethery via use-livecode <