A problem with RunRev email account "sage.on-rev.com"

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sun May 26 16:26:57 EDT 2019

Jim,

it could be that the ip address of Sage (50.28.39.1) or maybe a whole range of ip addresses is/are blocked by Microsoft´s Email servers, because of a bad reputation. This mostly happens when the server was used for sending out Spam. This could happen, if the server is a shared systen which is uses by hundreds of customers. This could also happen by error.
The exact reason could be seen in the failure e-mail you should have received.

"host mx2.hotmail.com <http://mx2.hotmail.com/>[207.46.8.199] said: 550 SC-001 (BAY004-MC6F18) Unfortunately, messages from x.x.x.x weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx <http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx>. (in reply to MAIL FROM command)"

Currently there is nothing you can do, if the ip addresses are blocked.  Robin could use  the Microsoft Blacklisting Form at
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/getsupport?oaspworkflow=start_1.0.0.0&wfname=capsub&productkey=edfsmsbl3 <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/getsupport?oaspworkflow=start_1.0.0.0&wfname=capsub&productkey=edfsmsbl3>
to ask for removal of the ips.

There are other providers, like Hostm, who offer among other features like preinstalled LivecodeServer als an optional Dedicated Outgoing Mail IP for their Webhosting accounts . This ip then is only for your account and is used for your email transmissions.
So there is no risk that Spam activities of other customers will block your outgoing emails.

Regards,
Matthias

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders: