repeat with times

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu May 23 12:14:34 EDT 2019

It may have passed in the past (ahem) because the engine might have thought you were trying to multiply 5 by empty, and if that is allowed (empty interpreted as 1) then the parser would go, "Okay, sure!"

I just put "put 5 times empty" into the message box and got 5. "put 5 times" also gives me 5. So syntactically "repeat with y =1 to 5 times" resolves to "repeat with y = 1 to (5 * 1)" and so parses fine.

That it does NOT parse in 9.5 makes me curious as to what changed in the parser.

Bob S