Resize Stack Sent Everytime a Stack Opens?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 13 15:21:16 EDT 2019

On 5/13/19 9:59 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
> 2) The resizestack in not firing automatically in many cases.

It normally doesn't fire if you're using fullscreenMode. But if you use
mobileSetFullScreenRectForOrientations, then it does send a resizeStack
message. From the dictionary:

"Normally when a fullscreenMode is set the stack is not resized and does
[not] receive the resizeStack message. The rect is set after the
orientationChanged message is sent. If the rect for the new orientation
is different to the current stack rect the resizeStack message will be
sent once the new rect is applied."

Note the error in the docs omitting the word "not". Confusing, yes.

> Does anyone know about the 24 pixel difference between the cardrect and the screenrect on Android?
> Is there a way to "refresh" after going to landscape to portrait?

This sounds like the height of the status bar, and the stack is being
drawn underneath it. I haven't tried it but you might be able to fix it
by setting the stack height to the height of the screenrect.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com