Question for LCB FFI workshop attendees at upcoming conference

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue May 7 13:21:37 EDT 2019

On 5/7/2019 1:14 PM, Paul Dupuis wrote:
> On 5/7/2019 9:35 AM, Trevor DeVore via use-livecode wrote:
>> This is for anyone who plans on attending my workshop on using FFI in
>> LCB
>> at the conference. Is there any code (a macOS Framework, Windows API,
>> DLL,
>> dylib, etc.) that is written in Objective-C or that has a C wrapper that
>> you are interested in wrapping with LCB in order to make it available to
>> LiveCode?
>>
>> If so, let me know in a response to this thread and I can take a look
>> at it
>> before the workshop to see if I can include it.
>>

> I would love to see a sample LCB wrapper for PocketSphinx!
>
> https://cmusphinx.github.io/wiki/tutorialpocketsphinx

I should have added, even just the minimal of a LCB library where I can
write a script like:

on mouseUp
   ask file "Please select a WAV audio file to convert to text:" with
type "WAV Audio FIle|wav|WAVE"
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put sphinxTranscribe(it) into fld "Text"
end mouseUp

where sphinxTranscribe takes a WAV file and used PocketSphinx to return
the transcribed text of the audio using the default settings.

Just that bit would be a boost t getting into further LCB development
around pocketSphinx.