LC application running on lab computers

Consensus IMAP jmac at consensustech.com
Fri Mar 29 11:08:57 EDT 2019

Storing prefs files has all ways been a pain for me. I find a place that works on one machine/setup only to find it fails on another. The solution that worked for me relied on the fact that we had shared network drives. I basically created a "hidden" folder/directory with read/write permissions for all system users and stashed the prefs file there.

Users without access to the shared folder, couldn't use certain features that required info from the prefs file. A simple check if the file exists on opening let me limit functionality for them.

So... If you have access to something like that, I'd recommend not trying to solve the local prefs storage thing.

Sent from my iPad