What is Macintosh equivalent of relaunch handler?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 27 23:01:31 EDT 2019

Bill Vlahos wrote:

 > I want to receive command line parameters in my application.
 >
 > The relaunch pCommandLineArguments works perfectly in Windows apps.
 >
 > What is the equivalent handler for MacOS X apps?

There's no direct equivalent because Mac apps run in a single instance
by default.

If you want to open a document use this:

on appleEvent theClass,theID
    if theClass is "aevt" and theID is "odoc" then
       request appleEvent data
       put it into theFiles
       if theFiles is not "not found" and theFiles is not empty then
          ## code to open theFiles
       end if
    else
       pass appleEvent
    end if
end appleEvent

If you want to emulate the Windows experience by having an app run in a
separate process each time it's opened, there's a command line option
for that (I can't recall what it is, but last time I looked it up it did
take long).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems