password protected stack and passkey

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 25 22:29:01 EDT 2019

Ralph DiMola wrote:

 > FYI: If the stack is password protected(no line count in PB) you can't
 > access any of the stack's handlers from the message box. I find this
 > annoying but I guess it's safety mechanism. This changed in 8.x I
 > think? In previous versions you could access handlers in a password
 > protected stack from the message box.

I can't reproduce that (just tested in v9.0.3), which is a good thing
because it would definitely be a bug.

The Message Box is just a stack with scripts, not a compiled engine
component as with HC's Message Box.  If LC's Message Box can't call
routines in a password-protected stack, neither could anything else.
That would break a lot of projects, and make protected libraries
instantly useless.

What else might be going on with what you saw?  Got a recipe I can try?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems