LiveCode Localization?

trevix info at trevix.it
Wed Mar 20 08:56:33 EDT 2019

I have splash and working stacks
I developed for Italian and English (and more)
I have hundred of dialogs, field labels, text contents, tooltips

- On the splash screen, on first opening, I ask the language.

- Dialogs text are stored in a tab delimited text file. Each line is something like "98 tab Choose tab Scegli”. On first opening I save in a global only the chosen language tab, so that I call them with "Answer gDialogs[98]”

- Before making the standalone, I run a script that write every current label and old text to a text file. I import it in FileMaker, check that every item as a value in each language (is an update import) and export to tab file that get saved in a LC property.

- Upon first opening all the labels, tooltips, etc get changed according to the language int the working stack

Works fine!

Roberto Trevisan
Trevix Design