Apple Wants Application Specific Password

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Mar 20 00:33:48 EDT 2019

Wow! It too easy.

1) You do not have log out of the personal ID with iCloud on your Mac.,
2) Xcode: you must sign in using the develop account Apple ID and it's password (not app specific password)
3) Open Application Loader from "Open Developer Tools"
4) Here is where Apple support has a gap with communication. They kept saying
" If you are able to input a password at the prompt…" But there was no prompt!
5) In upper left corner of Application Loader, I see what looks like a label saying "Himalayan Academy".
6) On hunch I clicked it. Lo! I have the chance to Log Out  of the current Apple ID
7) I log out, and am prompted for a new App ID and pass word
8) Again, an on hunch, I enter the develop Apple ID and the App-Specific password
9) The app goes  through!

There is nothing in all the documentation that explains this! Apple has broken its own HIG with "mystery meat" UI.

It just that App Loader has it *own* log in, and that requires the App Specific password.

BR