password protected stack and passkey

JJS jjs at krutt.org
Tue Mar 19 15:01:19 EDT 2019

HI,

i don't fully understand the password protection on how it functions in
Indy.

If i add a password and save the stack, unload it from memory. Then
reload it again, nothing happens and i can see all scripts.

If i put the password protected stack on a server, then load it with a
splash program.

Then If i set the passkey or not in the splash program, it just loads it
and runs it.

So how should work? The dictionary does not make it clearer for me.

Should the IDE not ask me for a password? after reload i can see the
password in the standalone settings.

Should the splah program not run it if no passkey has been set?

Thanks!

Jerry