LC 9 and Externals

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Mar 18 11:35:17 EDT 2019

Greetings!

I have been using an external in my projects for literally over 10 years.  I am updating a project from 8.1.5 to the latest version of LC, 9.0.3.  Suddenly, it's not working.  I tried it in 9.0.2, 9.0.1 and 9.0.0 same thing.  I tried it in the last version of 8 (8.1.9) and it worked perfectly.  Clearly, something changed in how externals are handled in LC 9.  Or, have they been retired?  "Externals" still appears in the dictionary.  Does anyone have any insight to using externals in LC 9?

FYI, it's working in LC 8.X. -- the stack is closed when the external paths are set, I am verifying that the external exists, etc.  It's working in 8, what changed in 9?

-Dan