J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 29 18:39:15 EDT 2019

I have a 10-meg file on disk that I display in a browser widget. It is
heavily tagged and styled. It takes a few seconds to load fully on
desktop in the IDE, but on Android it can take up to 30 seconds or more
to display an internal link, and even then the whole file isn't loaded,
only a portion containing the linked text. If you scroll up or down,
there are blank sections above and below the visible portion which only
show the background color.

Every time the card closes, the widget dumps the content and the next
time you go to the card the whole process starts over again. I need a
way to force the widget to retain its content, or a faster way to load
the file.

If that's not possible then we'll have to break up the file into pieces,
but that is going to be difficult to script for a number of reasons. Any
suggestions? Would the older native browser be any faster?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com