LC905rc1 Standalone Weirdness with External Stacks

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jun 28 11:35:08 EDT 2019

Hmmm... I'm under the impression that in a standalone, ALL stacks besides the one in the executable are external stacks. That is, the Standalone Builder will copy any substacks to a folder as individual stacks. Even in a MacOS standalone, the package that is the app can be opened and you will find your individual stacks in Resources/_MacOS.

I'm not sure what the difference between that and what you are calling External Stacks. The Standalone (again to my mind) is simply the runtime engine glued to the main stack you compiled with it. All other stacks, including the ones referenced in the Stack Files of the main stack are simply opened like the IDE would.

Bob S