Rects Revisted

Dar Scott Consulting dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jun 26 18:04:32 EDT 2019

The effective rect of the stack is the absolute rect of the window including the title, all of the borders (where there are any) and and the decorations. Thus, the top will be (say) 22 pixels less than the rect of the stack.

You can subtract the upper left of the working screenRect from either to get a rectangle within the working area. (Don't forget that the dock might be on the left.)

Slightly related: If the window is over the IDE toolbar, the rect and effective rect of the stack are off by the height of the tool bar. It seems to have assumed that it shifted the window to be below it.