Catalina

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:01:22 EDT 2019

I got macOS Catalina (10.15) beta "shoved up my nose" by my
Mac's Software update thingy this afternoon.

While I, normally, go for Beta versions of software I am not going
to touch this one: and may, indeed never upgrade to 10.15.

One of a whole slew of reasons is that I keep getting warning notices about
LiveCode 9 + on my Macintosh running macOS 10.14.6 beta about LC not
being a 64-bit app.

Now, as far as I understand things (?) LiveCode 9 + is a "fat" thing,
having both
32-bit and 64-bit code rolled into one package. However, whether that is
true or not
I have a feeling that macOS 10,15 won't accept Fat apps.

I, also, wonder if LiveCode running on macOS 10.15 will be able to hive off
32-bit standalones?

Richmond.