Filter an array by content

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jun 21 03:01:19 EDT 2019

I spoke too soon. When I tested, I hard-coded a value as the filter
string. But when I use a variable, it fails as it did before. The
elements of the array all start with a 4-character string followed by an
underscore, for example:  ER01_some text here

My variable contains "ER01":

   put tVar & "_*" into tFilter
   filter elements of sArray with tFilter into tNewArray

No go. I've tried a few different iterations. However, this works:

   filter elements of sArray with "ER01_*" into tNewArray

Even with no matches though, Tom was right. Looping through the keys
takes 0.03 milliseconds. Filtering takes 0.22 ms.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com