Help with drawing in LiveCode...

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Thu Jun 20 23:34:14 EDT 2019

I implemented a fairly complex drawing module to a stack we use all the time. It isn't CAD, but it looks like it, albeit rather less professional looking than, say, AutoCad or SoldWorks would produce.
We send these drawings out daily to clients. They are based on data calculated within the stack, and use graphic objects galore.
But our drawings are one-way, that is, once drawn, they are complete, and are forwarded as PDF's. You are looking to be able to manipulate objects (in CAD parlance) live on screen. In a CAD environment an object that has been selected remains so, regardless of tool or property changes, until either nothing is selected or one or more (other or additional) objects are explicitly selected.
This should not be a problem, once some tools are in place, such as the one you are asking for with auto re-selection of controls based on recent activity. But that is just gadgetry, and once set up, should allow you to do whatever you want to.
I would be glad to show you what I make, if that will at least give you an idea of how far you can take drawing in LC. But remember, LC is not a drawing or CAD program. But you can make it act like one. You just have to change some of the built-in rules.
Craig