Visual Studio 2017 to the rescue

Mark Talluto mark at canelasoftware.com
Mon Jun 10 11:19:36 EDT 2019

Hello Friends,

LiveCode 9.5 dp1 is my favorite LiveCode yet. If you are dipping into testing it out, I found something that may save you some time.

If you use mergJSONencode and decode on Windows, you need to make sure you have installed the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017. Keep in mind there are both x86 and x64 variants.

If you have installed LC 9.5 dp1 x86_64 you will need to install the x64 version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017.

I did not test the 32 bit version of either technology. They may have to jive as well.

I ran into this because I recently did a reset on my Windows 10 and found that the default setup provided by Microsoft does not include this version of the Redistributable. I hope this helps others that want to give this a try.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io <http://livecloud.io/>
nursenotes.net <http://nursenotes.net/>