Black boxes replace images in Mojave (Was "No subject")
quizzicaltimes20 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 13:57:01 EDT 2019
Thanks, HH and Marty.
Are you setting the “ink” to something other than the standard srcCopy?
I am using srcCopy. Other settings are: don't dither ON, Buffer OFF. Resize
quality: Best. Blend Lvl: 0 Layer mode: Static.
Did you already try to
set the paintcompression to PNG
in the standalone?
Or set it to the paintcompression of the imported image?
The black boxes result possibly from alpha data problems
because a standalone's paintcompression is RLE by default ...
I will try that. If I set that globally, does it automatically apply to all
image controls in the stack?
I'm troubleshooting a rare image issue and hope you can help.
The issue is that some (not all) images used in a LC standalone app appear
as black boxes.
* Only happens if user is on Mac Mojave.
* All pictures appeared normally for the users before upgrading to Mojave.
After upgrading to Mojave, the black boxes appeared for certain pictures.
(Other pictures in the same game work fine.)
* For one user, pictures that failed to render were all screenshots done on
* For another user, failing pictures were all composite images from
photographs. (He arranged one or more images on his screen and use Grab or
Photoshop to capture them as a composite image.)
* The issue can happen with either jpg or png files.
* I am certain the picture paths are valid, because LC is finding them and
sizing the image control's rect to the aspect ratio of the images.
* The app in use is a LC standalone built on Mac with LC 8.1.10.
* The app allows users to select images to add to a quiz. Images are stored
in a media folder and loaded as needed into an image control for display.
Only one image file is shown at a time. (This has worked reliably for many
years.) The full path to the image file is provided to the image control.
Have you seen any similar issue or do you have a theory about what's going
More information about the Use-livecode