radiobuttons, checkboxes and icongravity

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Sat Jun 1 20:19:19 EDT 2019

Hi Richmond,

> Am 01.06.2019 um 22:48 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Well, Klaus, I don't know what you have been doing, but I have just managed to do exactly that:
> I set up a radiobutton called "RR" and gave it one of the generic icons built into LiveCode.
> Then I wrote this in the MessageBox:
> settheicongravityofbtn "RR" tobottom
> at which point the icon moved to the centre-bottom of the radiobutton.
> Here's a pretty picture and a wee stack as "proof-of-pudden."

well, Richmond, I did not try the message box, since there is no popup for icongravity
in the inspector for radiobuttons and checkboxes, I dared to think this might not be allowed
for these kind of buttons. My fault, so extraordinary sorry! 8-)

OK, message box works, so this may mean that this feature just did not make it into the IDE, right?
LC 9.0.4 Indy, macOS 10.14.5

> Yours aye, Richmond.

My aye? Come on! :-D

> On 1.06.19 18:40, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> anyone knows why we cannot set the icongravity for radiobuttons and checkboxes?
>> Is this an HIG thing?

Best

Klaus

--