Launching a cli server as background process in OSX

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 18:56:05 EDT 2019

Thanks Francois - but this is not the issue as the shell function works in
that the server is launched via:

*put shell ("hugo server")*

The issue is that as the shell command runs until you forcibly exit - the
Livecode handler freezes and no other scripts or user actions can run - so
I want to run the server in the background.
See thee links for tutorials that I've looked into for how to run bash
scrips in the background:

   - https://www.one-tab.com/page/Ti44-ap4R--XpgYnFYBoqA

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 at 21:16, mines-imap via use-livecode <