[ANN] Release 9.5.0 RC-1
panos.merakos at livecode.com
Wed Jul 24 11:48:31 EDT 2019
Dear list members,
We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.5.0 RC-1.
Getting the Release
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.
LiveCode 9.5.0 RC-1 comes with more than 10 bugfixes and new features,
including support for building 64bit Android apps with target SDK version
28. This is now a requirement for new apps submitted to the Google Play
Store, starting from the 1st of August.
Moreover, dozens of Dictionary entries have been corrected and enhanced.
Additionally, several LC 9.0.x bugfixes have been merged into 9.5.0 RC-1,
- some long standing problems with serial port commands are now fixed
- the autoupdater on Mac is now 64bit, so you will no longer get warnings
about LC being "unoptimised" on MacOS Mojave and above
- the date/time picker on Android now uses the native theme of the device.
Last, but not least, the Android Barcode Library and the Android Barcode
Scanner widget are now moved from the Business Edition into the Indy
- The Browser widget's native layer is not shown in some Linux distros with
Cinnamon window manager.
- The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04+ 64 bit
The full release notes are available from:
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
The LiveCode Team
More information about the Use-livecode