Downloading apk

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Jul 19 17:51:17 EDT 2019

This is harder than I thought.. You need to create intents(different ones
for various Android OS versions), add REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES in your
manifest and make sure you have permission to external storage.

The Browser method will only allow you to download the apk to the download
folder and the user will have to browse to it with a file manager and click
on it to start the install.

Why your browser is not starting the download might be Chrome trying to save
you from malicious apps? I can download an apk if I type a url into Chrome.
Maybe you can get around this with a page redirect?

All in all to make this automatic will be a process.

Maybe a stub stack and downloading a new main stack to update might be
easier?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services