source of a socket error message

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jul 18 11:37:23 EDT 2019

Not to put too fine a point on it but that gives me the heebie jeebies. There are ~5000 instances of the app. The dev can't control what the ISP of the server does, or if the hosting company goes out of business or gets bought out. Although rare, an ISP CAN alter the public IP subnet. It happened to me twice, a long time ago admittedly. Once for my homw ISP and one for a business ISP.

Using IP addresses is like using pointers in app development.

Bob S