Local files in browser widget

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 14 16:26:40 EDT 2019

I'm making progress but still having trouble with the browser widget on
Android. To date:

1. Chopped up the huge file into multiple smaller files. They have all
been tagged so that links automatically load the correct file when
clicked. This works.

2. The app now copies all the files in its resources folder to the
documents folder. This works.

3. When loading the first file of the set, it works perfectly. When
tapping a link that loads another file in the set, things happen sometimes.

On my Huawei tablet, everything works great. But on my Pixel, after
scrolling two or three screens, everything freezes. Not only does the
browser refuse to scroll (even backwards, where it's already been,) but
HTML links don't respond, and buttons and other controls are inert. The
backKey is also frozen, so the only option is to exit via the Home
hardware button and remove the app from RAM. This is 100% reproducible.

My Pixel is running Android 9 Pie and the Huawei has Android 8 Oreo. The
Huawei also has newer hardware than the Pixel. Is the browser widget
compatible with Android 9? Or is it a hardware problem?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com