Question about "the screen" property of stacks...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Jul 11 13:26:23 EDT 2019

Thank you Mark!

I will create an abbreviated summary for the Dictionary entry.

I can now see why the programmer will get a  screen number for the stack
even if the stack is not "on" any actually monitor (use loc to screenLoc
line calculation), which is actually very helpful. Our application has a
preferences that allows the user to save their window placement between
sessions and we have to address the issue that a window may have been on
a monitor that is no longer present the next time our app starts up

We'd thought about just resetting the window to its default position,
but seeing this, it makes more sense to me to move the window to the
screen with the closest center.