Elevating User Rights of Livecode on Linux

Dalton Calford dalton.calford at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 12:50:09 EDT 2019

Thanks Mark,

I was playing with shell() to see if it would work.   I am having some
path/string issues and can't find a simple example script to show me what I
am doing wrong.

If I am just using the message box, I can type "put shell(vdir)" and it
works perfectly for the default path.   If instead I ask "put shell(vdir
/etc)" or "put shell('vdir /etc') etc into the message box, all I get is an
error.    Is the / a special character that needs to be escaped or
something else?

best regards

Dalton

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 12:41, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <