Swipe over native scroller

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jan 31 20:07:03 EST 2019

    On 1/31/19 11:03 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
    >> Did you try Terry script? Elanor did something similar this in the
    >> Listen module, it not very refined. Terry put time in it with subtle
    >> time parameters. I have yet to try it. It here on the list

    I didn't read this carefully enough. I'll try it without a scroller.
    Past experiments showed manual scrolling to be too jerky but I'll try it
    again.

Yeah, certainly not perfect but the lists I had to scroll weren't all that long so I thought even with the very basic scrolling that I implemented that it was acceptable.

Like you I tried a truckload of workarounds to try and get swiping working with scrolling. That included making the scroller area narrower than the card (not great) and starting with the scroller hidden and then activating it depending on what touchmove was telling me (couldn't make it work). At one stage I had something that worked about half the time on iOS, but I never could get anything that was remotely usable on Android.

Terry...