The Notch

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 29 23:47:06 EST 2019

Thanks, that sounds like what the default Android setup does too. So if
I understand it right, the screenrect returns the available area of the
screen below the notch, and I assume that fullscreenMode adapts to only
that area as well.

My current project won't be supporting a landscape layout so at least I
don't need to worry about that. I'll eventually start looking at the
simulators/emulators to make sure I've got it right, but you've given me
a head start for now. We're still at the design phase.

The notch is a silly hardware decision, and I can't fathom why Android
manufacturers think they need to copy Apple's ugly design. And from what
I read on the Android blogs, very few Android users like the notch
either, and many are virulently against it.

Headache indeed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com