sysError values...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 29 22:10:04 EST 2019

Paul Dupuis wrote:

 > I was Googling things like "Livecode list of system errors" or
 > "LiveCode sysError value list" and so on. I was hoping or thinking
 > LiveCode might have a FAQ or some document on their website
 > listing them.
 >
 > That said, I am not sure this page actually represents the values
 > returned by the sysError() function in LiveCode. First of all it list
 > two different errors with code "13"...

And now you've discovered by LiveCode doesn't attempt to document OS
error codes: If the OS vendor themselves can't keep it straight, how
could any third party? :)

I wish Apple well, but I'm finding myself feeling hopeful as a result of
their sales/stock drop. The best years of their relations with
developers were when they were hungry, in the mid-90s. Hunger is
tonifying.  Maybe another six months of decline and they'll start
remember that it's app devs who make a platform worth using.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems