The Notch

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Jan 29 16:59:41 EST 2019

On 1/29/19 1:37 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>  > I don't have an Android or iPhone with a notch. How do we deal with
>  > positioning for those? Anything I need to know?
>
> Here's the recipe I followed:
>
> 1. Place the phone in a durable bag.
>
> 2. Hammer it for 15 minutes or until the frustration with arbitrary
> design distinctions passes.
>
> 3. Mail the device to the manufacturer with a note reading, "Design
> improvements".
>
> 4. Buy a phone from a vendor with more confidence than one who needs to
> frustrate their entire ecosystem with arbitrary design distinctions.
>
> ;)

OK - granted I had to look up what a Notch is... I'm sure someone
thought it was a good idea at the time. All right... not quite so sure.
Probably more along the lines of "what can we do to make smartphones
less usable? We've already got folks typing with their thumbs..."

https://bgr.com/2018/03/29/android-notch-vs-iphone-x-app-user-experience/

This looks like it might help...
https://proandroiddev.com/making-notch-friendly-apps-for-android-75776272be5c

--