AW: Script Editor Performance

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 29 10:14:25 EST 2019

Tiemo Hollmann wrote:

 > Beside of massive slowdowns, the 9er IDE has (at least on Win 10) some
 > nasty behaviors. E.g. When using the scroll-bar, the line numbers
 > don't get updated anymore. You have to stop scrolling and click
 > somewhere within the script to update the line numbers.

Thanks for mentioning that.  I've seen that too, but only intermittently
and I haven't yet come up with a recipe.  Since no one else had
mentioned it I was beginning the think I was the only one seeing it.

Maybe it is time to write a new SE.  The line number thing nudged me in
that direction.  Once we turn off all the features that distinguish LC's
SE, it's a text field with an Apply button, rather like MC's.  Nothing
fancy, but super quick and fluid to work with.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems