Trying to get Camera Control. Community Plus License

Jim MacConnell jmac at consensustech.com
Mon Jan 28 12:01:43 EST 2019

I feel your pain.....

Discontinuing the Video Grabber library in 8.1, effectively killed a number
of projects I was working on that used webcams and digital microscopes in a
manufacturing environment. Telling people they can't use the current version
of Livecode to maintain old projects is a non-starter. Using the Community
edition was an essential part of those projects (developing in house
industrial applications using a "proprietary coding environment" is frowned
upon where I work).

My current projects use external tools to drive the microscopes, etc. I use
LiveCode to "launch" the camera software  and make sure it saves
images/videos somewhere I can get to them for processing. Definitely not the
seamless user interface shop floor operators desire/deserve. I would love to
be able to use a native LiveCode capability to drive the tools but.... for
now, I do what I can and wait for the day I'll have time to figure out how
to build externals/widgets/LCB tools to drive the microscope from within my
apps.

Jim

## From the dictionary for the entire revVideo section
Changes
The use of <revInitializeVideoGrabber> was deprecated in version 8.1 of
LiveCode with new defaults for and as true on all systems apart from pre OS
X 10.8. The Windows build of LiveCode no longer supports any features and
setting the and
will have no effect.
Support for the "Video Grabber" library on Mac OS X ended in LiveCode 9.0.
Jim