Windows 64-bit builds

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 27 16:27:07 EST 2019

Standalone settings shows the Windows 64-bit option as "experimental."
How experimental is it, and has anyone had any issues?

A little story: I was just contacted by a client I did some work for 15
years ago. She's been running the same app all this time, but a while
back she lost the ability to run it on her OS X Mac at home (the app was
built for OS 9) so she wants it updated for OS X. The ancient Windows
app still runs on her Windows 10 box at work.

Since I'm going to rebuild it for OS X, we're going to update the
Windows version as well. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and use
64-bit for that to ensure the app will still work 15 years into the future.

It's astounding to me that a LiveCode app built with MC 2.7 is still
viable in today's software environment. You have to applaud the team's
incredible dedication to backward compatibility.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com