Us and them? [was Re: Livecode Dictionary]

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Thu Jan 24 23:01:16 EST 2019

If using a binary stack, ScriptTracker makes it easy to edit scripts in an external editor.
Levure includes a server process that allows Sublime Text tell LC to reload a script only stack when saved from there (I don’t think it depends on the app itself being managed with Levure).  I use Atom because it is free and has linting support available.

I’d love to build that client-server functionality into Atom, but have not looked enough into it.  ScriptTracker works by watching the script export directory looking for changes.  When a file is saved, it imports it into the stack if the content changed (uses a hash to detect changes).  If I could do the client-server thing then it would be much easier to generalize to any open stack instead of a single mainstack at a time (I’m thinking mainly of the performance impact of watching too many directories for changes at one time).

After this move is behind me I should have more time to code again.

Thanks,
Brian