Lock Screen does NOT work!

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jan 24 13:52:00 EST 2019

Hi all. Bold subject line I know. Here's how I know.

I used Find in This Stack and it's SubStacks to find "lock screen". I replaced all with "-- lock screen" effectively commenting out ALL of the lock screen statements. I verified by checking one of the found scripts and indeed lock screen is commented out! With me so far?

I then go to the ONE SCRIPT that I am testing with and uncomment that ONE LINE with the lock screen statement. I execute the code, the screen does NOT LOCK. I still see several updates, like a datagrid loading new data, then loading a different dataset! I should only see the loading of the second dataset! BOO!!!

I suspected this was the case for some time but never got around to testing this for sure until just now. Something is either unlocking the screen or else is never locking it, and it isn't my code.

Bob S