Us and them? [was Re: Livecode Dictionary]

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Wed Jan 23 01:14:42 EST 2019

I've posted the Documentation Editor code to GitHub.  I'll try to add some
screen shots eventually.

https://github.com/bwmilby/DocEditorPlus
https://github.com/bwmilby/DocEditorPlus/raw/master/DocEditorPlus.livecode

Script index:
https://github.com/bwmilby/DocEditorPlus/blob/master/DocEditorPlus.md

(field "DocText" of card "DocEditor" is where most of the code from the
LiveCode Doc Helper stack landed).

I last worked on this in December 2017 and have not done extensive testing
on it with the latest LC9 release.  I did verify that it did still parse a
LCDOC file and was able to present it in the system browser on my Mac.  The
intended use is for a forked LiveCode repo which includes the dictionary.
There you can use git to create a branch off of develop-9.0 and update
dictionary entries.  Once the edits are done, commit to your new branch and
then on the GitHub site you can create the PR for inclusion into the
dictionary.  However, there is no requirement to have the full repo on your
system, you can just as easily obtain a single LCDOC file and work with it.

Thanks,
Brian

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 12:07 PM David Bovill via use-livecode <