windows defender issues? & other AV issues

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jan 16 20:11:07 EST 2019

Curry Kenworthy wrote:

 > Although it's quite possible to save data in stack file(s) if you do
 > it properly, people who follow that route often have trouble, so I
 > discourage it.

Depends what's in the stack file.

The traditional factoring of code, UI, and data became a best practice
for good reason.

But stack files can be very versatile storage containers, offering many
of the benefits of LSON (LC encoded arrays) but with the addition of
being able to contain LC objects as well.

LSON's generally my go-to unless I have a specific need for something
else, but once in a while stack files have been a good solution for storage.

There are many storage formats to choose from, and stack files have a
place among them.  For keeping with the tradition of separating code,
UI, and data, it's not the format but how it's used.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems