LC-apps for HC

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Jan 15 11:00:32 EST 2019

Yes, and I will reiterate that Hypercard was optimized to use cards as records in a database. Livecode is not. If your apps are of this nature, you will want to move the data in your cards to some other storage method, then have one card per "form" in your stack, loading the data as needed.

It isn't difficult. open file for a low level file, then repeat with i = 1 to the number of cards of stack <yourstackname> writing the pertinent data to a tab or comma delimited file, or a database if you have gotten that far with the database API.

Bob S