windows defender issues? & other AV issues?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Jan 8 14:48:53 EST 2019

On 1/7/19 9:38 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> At a quick skim I see evidence of a lot of timers (which we would expect
> given the SE's features), but an interesting thing about file access is
> a lot of lstat and open calls apparently looking for, and not finding,
> the App Overview stack file:
>
> lstat("/home/rg/.runrev/components/livecodeindy-9.0.2.x86_64/revapplicationoverview.rev",
> 0x7ffc8d185800) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> open("/home/rg/.runrev/components/livecodeindy-9.0.2.x86_64/revapplicationoverview.rev",
> O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
> That much seems a bug, and I'll add notes to about that to the bug
> report. Since it isn't finding the file it can't write to it, and
> without writes I doubt it's the thing people are seeing when they turn
> RTP on and off.  But worth looking into for the sake of tidiness.

Even more interesting IMO is all the attempts to access
revapplicationoverview.mc

Not only can I not think of a valid reason for that, I can't grep a
reference to revapplicationoverview anywhere in the source except for a
couple of custom properties in field list of stack revPluginEditor.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com