Refactoring is your friend / moving from 6.x to 9.x

Simon Knight smk at anvic.net
Tue Jan 8 05:41:39 EST 2019

> On 7 Jan 2019, at 17:00, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Perhaps the biggest flaw I've seen with v9 is the bug report tracking: the Release Notes only include a subset of all issues addressed since work began on it two years ago.  My understanding from conversations with team members is that v9 may well have the largest number of resolved bugs of any release, an amazing feat considering the scope of new features and feature refinements, including huge strides forward with many aspects of performance.

I suspect that this is a fact of life especially in small teams.  My limited experience is that people who write code generally hate writing paperwork as they want to get on and complete the next task and not create documentation about the last.  Not forgetting that a lot of the paperwork generated by the big players is just shelf ware and no use to anyone except the manager who demanded it.

best wishes

Simon